Hello everybody, I’ve missed you all. It’s so nice to be back writing on my deck on a beautiful Brisbane Sunday afternoon. What have I been up to? Well, it’s been a busy couple of months for me: getting a new job (or two), mastering university life, moving houses (well, trying to) and then there’s the big one – getting pregnant – whoo hoo!
So here’s what I loved this week:
- Signing up for Gala Darlings Love Letters (I’ll get one beautiful love letter per day for a whole month). Today’s was about being fabulous every day and it’s about shoes – ohh, that has to be one of my most favourite topics. So far, I’ve had four love letters and each day I’m more excited than the last to open and gobble them up. They seem to be written just for me.
- Going down a new, interesting career path. It’s terrifying and exciting at the same time. Finally, I finished the safety of my government job and launched out there in the world of small businesses. Now, I can learn and express myself without barriers and limitations. I feel freedom!
- Cooking again – yes, I’ve been so busy that I haven’t been enjoying cooking and when I have been cooking just making the same old things. I’ve been loving putting a bit more thought and well, love into my meals. Definitely makes it more fun. If anyone has some tasty recipes for me – let me know – I’m dying to try out some new more summery dishes.
- A trip out to the theatre. In London this could be part of your weekly life (and I think it was for my last month in London) but in Australia, it’s a treat to look forward to and remember. Last Sunday, I dressed up, went out for a pre-theatre lunch and saw GREASE! ‘We go together. Like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong.’
- Ordering the best maternity swimwear from TopShop – I mixed and matched the spotty with the blue. So cute. Now, I just need to go to the beach. And this one leads me onto the best news…
- I’m having a little baby boy!
Have a lovely week everyone.